These are the resources that I used for my facilities paper on the information commons model in academic libraries.
Information Commons Bibliography
- Albanese, Andrew Richard. “Campus Library 2.0,” Library Journal, Vol.129, Iss.5 (April 15, 2004), pp.30-33.
- Bailey, Russell and Barbara Tierney. “Information Commons Redux: Concept, Evolution, and Transcending the Tragedy of the Commons,” The Journal of Academic Librarianship. Vol. 28, No. 5 (September 2002), pp.277-286.
- Bartle, Lisa R. “Designing an Active Academic Reference Service Point,” Reference & User Services Quarterly, Vol.38, No.4, pp.395-401.
- Bazillion, Richard J. and Connie L. Braun, “Building Virtual – and Spatial – Libraries for Distance Learning,” Cause/Effect, (Winter 1995), pp.51-54. Available at http://www.educause.edu/LibraryDetailPage/666?ID=CEM9549. Accessed on February 24, 2007.
- Beagle, Donald. “Conceptualizing an Information Commons,” The Journal of Academic Librarianship, Vol.25, No.2 (March 1999), pp.82-89.
- Bell, Steven J. “ New Information Marketplace Competitors: Issues and
Strategies for Academic Libraries,” portal: Libraries and the Academy, Vol.2, No.2 (2002), pp.277-303.
- Church, Jennifer. “The Evolving Information Commons,” Library Hi Tech, Vol.23, No.1 (2005), pp.75-81.
- Cowgill, Allison, Joan Beam and Lindsey Wess. “Implementing an Information Commons in a University Library,” The Journal of Academic Librarianship, Vol.27, No.6 (November 2001), pp.432-439.
- Davis, Philip M. “Tragedy of the Commons Revisited: Librarians, Publishers, Faculty and the Demise of a Public Resource,” portal: Libraries and the Academy, Vol.3, No.4 (2003), pp.547-562.
- Fagerheim, Britt Anna and Sandra J. Weingart. “Using Focus Groups to Assess Student Needs,” Library Review, Vol.54, No.9 (2005), pp.524-530.
- Favini, Robert. “The Library and Academic Computing Center: Cultural Perspectives and Recommendations for Improved Interaction,” ACRL National Conference, Nashville Papers, Nashville, TN, 1997. Available at http://www.ala.org/ala/acrlbucket/nashville1997pap/favini.htm. Accessed February 24, 2007.
- Frade, Patricia A. and Allyson Washburn. “The University Library: The Center of a University Education,” portal: Libraries and the Academy, Vol.6, No.3 (2006), pp.327-346.
- Fu, Tina C., Kim Bartosz and Guy La Haie. “The Impact of “Scholar’s Workstations” in an Undergraduate Academic Library: Would a Holistic Approach Work?” The Reference Librarian, No.74 (2001), pp.187-205.
- Gardner, Susan and Susanna Eng. “What Students Want: Generation Y and the
Changing Function of the Academic Library,” portal: Libraries and the Academy, Vol.5, No.3 (2005), pp.405-420.
- MacWhinnie, Laurie A. “The Information Commons: The Academic Library of the Future,” portal: Libraries and the Academy, Vol.3, No.2 (2003), pp.241-257.
- Malenfant, Chuck. “The Information Commons as a Collaborative Workspace,” Reference Services Review, Vol.34, No.2 (2006), pp.279-286.
- Mangan, Katherine S. “Packing Up the Books,” Chronicle of Higher Education, Vol.51, Iss.43, (July 1, 2005), p.A27-A28.
- McKinstry, Jill and Peter McCracken. “Combining Computing and Reference
Desks in an Undergraduate Library: A Brilliant Innovation or a Serious Mistake,” portal: Libraries and the Academy, Vol.2, No.3 (2002), pp.391-400.
- McRobbie, Michael A. The Library and Education: Integrating Information Landscapes – http://www.clir.org/PUBS/reports/pub119/mcrobbie.html.
- Spencer, Mary Ellen. “Evolving a New Model: The Information Commons,” Reference Services Review, Vol.34, No.2 (2006), pp.242-247.
- Van Scoyoc, Anna M. and Caroline Cason. “The Electronic Academic Library:
Undergraduate Research Behavior in a Library Without Books,” portal: Libraries and the Academy, Vol.6, No.1 (2006), pp.47-58.
- Warnken, Paula. “New Technologies and Constant Change: Managing the Process,” The Journal of Academic Librarianship, Vol.30, No.4 (July 2004), pp.322-327.
- Whitchurch, Michael J. and C. Jeffrey Belliston. “Information Commons at Brigham Young University: Past, Present and Future,” Reference Services Review, Vol.34, No.2 (2006), pp.261-278.
- The Ames Library - Virtual Tour – Illinois Wesleyan University – http://www2.iwu.edu/library/information/Tour/entry_commons.shtml.
- Collaborative Facilities – Information Commons – http://www.dartmouth.edu/~collab/facilities/information.html.
- Davenport University – Library Information Commons (LInC) – http://www.davenport.edu/tabid/142/default.aspx.
- Emory Libraries – Information Commons Home – http://web.library.emory.edu/infocommons/.
- Hardin Library – Information Commons – http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/commons/.
- Indiana University Libraries – Information Commons – http://www.libraries.iub.edu/index.php?pageId=310.
- Information Commons: A Directory of Innovative Services and Resources in Academic Libraries – http://www.brookdale.cc.nj.us/library/infocommons/ic_home.html.
- J. Murrey Atkins LIbrary – Information Commons – http://library.uncc.edu/infocommons/
- Lewis & Clark State College – Library Commons Virtual Tour – http://www.ecampustours.com/VirtualTours/VirtualTourSub.aspx?FafsaCode=001621&ItemID=2.
- Miller Nichols Library – Information Commons – http://www.umkc.edu/lib/MNL/About/info-commons.htm.
- Oregon State University Valley Library Information Commons – http://osulibrary.oregonstate.edu/computing/.
- Simmons College Library Tour – http://libfs2.simmons.edu:9000/librarytour/?page_id=14.
- University of Calgary: Information Commons – http://library.ucalgary.ca/services/informationcommons/.
- University of Southern California Libraries – Leavey Library – Information Commons – http://www.usc.edu/libraries/locations/leavey/ic/.
- University of Washington – Bothell – Library Virtual Tour Index – http://www.uwb.edu/library/tour/tourindex.html.