The Ten Catalogs for Assignment #3
- Ann Arbor District Library Catalog
- Arkansas State University – Beebe – Abington Library Catalog– Aquabrowser.
- Detroit Area Library Network Library Catalog– SirsiDynix
- Georgia Library PINES – Beta version of an open source integrated library system named Evergreen developed by the Georgia Public Library System.
- HELIN Library Catalog– Library consortium in Rhode Island. An Innovative Interfaces OPAC.
- North Carolina State University Libraries– Powered by Endeca. The system leverages the advanced search and navigation features of Endeca ProFind platform.
- Plymouth State University – Lamson Library’s Catalog – WordPress OPAC – under development.
- UMASS Dartmouth Library Catalog– Endeavor’s Voyager platform.
- University College Dublin Library Catalogue– A system on the Talis platform.
- University of Notre Dame Library Catalog– Ex libris’s Aleph
I tried to choose a variety of different library catalogs as part of my initial 10 choices. Although not required as part of the instructions, it seems to me that in order to analyze different features and search methodologies, the catalogs needs to be from different vendors. Personally, I think this is more important than the size of the collection. Now, I have to start work on the assignment. I am without a doubt reading to have a couple of weeks off from school. More will follow . . .