Librarienne so nicely reminded me that my blog would be a year old this week – and today gets the distinction of being the actual anniversary. So, I thought I would highlight some of the most important, although not necessarily good, things that have happened in my life since I started the blog:
- I was accepted into SCSU’s MLS program (November 2005).
- I turned 35 (November 2005 – and I really don’t consider that a highlight especially since that means that another birthday is quickly approaching).
- I got my bellybutton pierced (Christmas present from my husband – January 2006) and it might actually have healed ok now (I was worried about it for a while – a long while). My sister in law recently one upped me by getting a tattoo though.
- My husband was laid off – and has been unemployed for way too long (April 2006 – present).
- I was devastated by the departure of Michael Vartan from Alias (September 2005) and then even more devastated that the show was canceled. I’m currently in the market for a new tv show to be addicted to.
- I had a wonderful 2 week vacation in St. Maarten with my husband (March 2006).
- I finally watched Pirates of the Caribbean (July 2006 while writing my catalog/OPAC paper for my summer class) and it became one of my favorite movies of all time (I have only watched it about 20 times since – DVR rules). Savvy?
- I took 4 courses in the MLS program at SCSU – and am now 1/3 of the way through the program.
- I had two bat incidents in my house. The first bat was just hanging out on a bath mat in my bathroom, but the second actually flew around the house – and almost flew into my head. Fortunately, I was armed with my laptop that actually made a pretty good shield for my head.
- My husband tore cartilage in his knee and had to have surgery (he is having a tough year, now that I think about it).
- I spent way too much time doing homework – but I guess that is too be expected.
- I started my blog on Blogger (September 2005) and migrated it to WordPress (May 2006) – which was actually a painless procedure.
- I gained a little too much weight since going to school leaves me no time to work out (and having an unemployed husband leaves me too little money to have a gym membership).
- I developed a wonderful DVD collection including the entire series of Remington Steele, the entire La Femme Nikita series, the entire Silk Stalkings series, almost the entire collection of Alias (season 5 will be released this fall) several seasons of Magnum PI, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the X-Files.
- I (with the help of my husband) ruined the walls in my bathroom by painting over walls that had not been cleaned of existing wall paper glue correctly.
I can’t really claim that blogging had anything to do with any of the aforementioned items. However, it has been a truly enjoyable experience and has broadened my educational experiences in so many positive ways. A big thanks to Librarienne for the reminder – and to everyone for reading!!!!!