Mark Lindner has inspired me to join on the latest meme despite not being tagged. As one who doesn’t tag others, shouldn’t I feel free to join in?
Anyway, here are 8 random things about me:
- I would rather blog than start packing for my trip to Las Vegas. I might be in real trouble, if I don’t get started soon. The good news is that I am doing laundry.
- I live within 10 miles of where I was born – and within 5 miles of where I grew up. I work within 4 miles of where I live. I’m a creature of habit – who sticks close to home and really enjoys my short commute to work.
- I was voted “Most Quiet” in the 9th grade. Fortunately, the students who ran our class government decided to use some “hipper” categories for our high school yearbook. As such, I’m not forever immortalized in our high school yearbook in this manner. It is good thing that junior high yearbooks seem make fewer reappearances.
- I don’t garden or do well with plants. In fact, I’m known for my ability to kill all house plants. However, there is a beautiful, orange poppy plant in our yard. There is currently one flower on this poppy (see picture above). There are about 15 buds most of which look like they will bloom while I am away in Las Vegas – and I am bummed. I love this flower and look forward to its advent each spring.
- I wanted to study computer science in college, but was afraid of the math. I studied history instead. This is ironic because if you were to peruse my high school transcripts, math was the only subject in which I got high honors. Fortunately, I have learned to embrace the inner math geek inside of myself. Some of my coworkers (and husband) are amused by my love of Cross Sums. I almost always carry a copy of Dell’s Math Puzzles & Logic Problems with me.
- I can’t whistle – and can only snap the fingers on my left hand.
- I have a blue dot on the left side of my face right underneath my eye. My brother stabbed me with a pencil when he was 2 (and I was 4). I would have to have plastic surgery to remove it – and don’t feel compelled to go under the knife. I’ve had people that I didn’t really know try to wipe it off with their fingers. If you ever meet me, please don’t try and do that. Interestingly, I had to go look in the mirror to check what side of my face it was on.
- I own all episodes on DVD of Remington Steele, Alias, Silk Stalkings, and La Femme Nikita. I need to complete my sets of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the X-Files, MI-5 (or Spooks) and Magnum PI. I hope someday that they release Scarecrow & Mrs. King.
Bonus: This was much harder to do than I would have thought!!!